Skip to content ↓

St Margaret's Church, Lee

Edit Slideshow

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

    {item_slide_caption}

Craftsmen and women

Architect John Brown of Norwich - Designed the Commissioner's type church with coupled lancet windows and an ornate west tower with octagonal top stage and spire. Inside the aisles are as high as the nave with slender quatrefoil columns.

Architect James Brooks - The church was decoratively transformed between 1875 and 1900 by a lavish scheme of gothic revivalist embellishment conceived and overseen by a Tractarian Rector, Frederick Henry Law.

Stained Glass Clayton & Bell

Stained Glass Nathaniel Westlake

Stained Glass A K Nicholson 

Sculptor and Architectural Carver Thomas Earp

Ceramic Work Minton Companies

Metalworks Francis Skidmore 

Altar and Roll of Honour Violet Pinwill - A carver in wood and stone with a workshop in Plymouth 1900 to 1957. A record of her work exists in the form of numerous photographs held in Plymouth Record Office. One of these is annotated 'Roll of honour and Altar for St Margarets Ch Lee, London' with 'R. Pinwill carver' underneath which refers to her company's name of Rashleigh Pinwill & Co.

High Altar by Violet Pinwill